Alan focuses his practice on commercial litigation and the transactional matters that arise from it, including corporate workouts and debt restructuring. He also handles a range of matters involving regulatory compliance for banks and other financial institutions, defends clients facing white-collar criminal charges, and applies his negotiation and litigation skills to complicated family law issues.
When winning is the only option, clients need lawyers like Alan–with the personality, judgment, experience, and tools to match the task at hand.
Whether the challenge is a thorny bank-borrower dispute, an urgent trade secret theft matter or a complex fraud case, Alan brings his exceptional problem-solving techniques to the representation of every client.
Despite being a fearless presence in the courtroom, Alan excels at crafting unique, creative solutions to resolve disputes and enable his clients to focus their full attention on moving forward with their businesses and their lives.
Beyond his day-to-day practice, Alan has lectured for the Pennsylvania Bar Association, the Pennsylvania Bar Institute, and at Temple’s University’s Beasley School of Law in the areas of debtors’ rights and creditors’ remedies, bankruptcy and its alternatives, corporate reorganization, the Uniform Commercial Code, and representation of small and medium-size businesses.
He currently serves as a member of Temple University President’s Advisory Board, a trustee of the Temple University Law Foundation, and as a member of the Gratz College Board of Directors and Governor’s Executive Committee. Alan is also a director of Hill International, an NYSE-listed company.
- Helped unwind a major international stock fraud
- Represented a global corporation in trade secrets litigation involving multinational employees
- Successfully ended a company’s years of litigation with a senior bank creditor and other creditors, enabling the company to go public
- Represented a state-chartered bank in obtaining substantial damages from the state for improper closure
- Negotiated the favorable termination of an unwanted data processing contract for a large credit card bank
- Successfully appealed the sentence for a client convicted of white-collar crime
- Represented an international corporation in contract litigation and arbitration with a major supplier in India
- Assisted in the reorganization of a large national chain of video stores
- Successfully negotiated settlements in a large estate, deeply in debt from real estate holdings, sufficient to allow the estate to be settled with assets remaining for the widow
- Enjoined a State takeover of an FDIC insured bank
- Handled and successfully negotiated the sale of a non-profit educational institution.
Related Work Experience
- Director and member of Audit Committee of Hill International,
Inc., a NYSE-listed infrastructure project management company.
- Owner, Chairman and CEO of Pennsylvania Business Bank, a
Pennsylvania-chartered bank. (1998-2008)
- CEO and Chairman of Equimark Corp., a New York Stock Exchange-
listed federally chartered bank holding company. (1985-1991)